I’m a big fan of photography. Always have been and always will be. My husband gave me a great Nikon camera last year for our anniversary. I had been hinting for a while that I wanted one and being the supportive guy that he is, he delivered. And then well… I’m a little ashamed to admit it’s mostly been sitting around in a box collecting dust because the darned thing kind of intimidates me. It has about 25 different buttons and dials and a user manual the size of a novel. It came with multiple cords, lenses, and miscellaneous little boxes of accessories. Now, I know the root of the problem here and it has to do with my capacity for patience, or lack there of. In this age of technology it’s just so much quicker and easier to pull out the ‘ol iPhone and grab a shot instantly. However, I’ve been wanting to take some photos of my projects to share with you and the phone camera just isn’t going to do. So, today I have taken the camera off the shelf. The battery is charging as I type and I will conquer this
beast, I mean awesome piece of equipment, even if it’s just a little at a time with the setting on auto.
Ironically, of course I took this shot with my iPhone.
So aside from the camera talk I’m going to share a couple of things that I’m loving this week. In “blog land” this would probably be something like “Friday Five”, but today is Sunday, so let’s go with “My Sunday Six”. (I hope someday my camera will make it onto the list!)
1. Anything from Rifle Paper Co., but especially this 2016 Appointment Wall Calendar. It will be going on my Christmas list.
2. These adorable Dapper Animal Plates from West Elm. We recently bought a set to use as the “kids dishes” but I won’t lie, the grown ups love them too and we’ve each chosen our favorites. These could also be cute hanging on the wall as a whimsical touch of art.
3. Every house needs at least one Diptyque candle. Yes I know they’re a little pricey, but they’re from Paris, they smell great and this time of year is the perfect time to burn candles. Be honest, I at had you at Paris, right?
4. I recently bought myself one of these Day Designers. I suppose it’s a little old fashioned to carry around a hard copy planner, but I don’t care. It’s a great place to organize my personal life. I can keep all the family lists and schedules here, while keeping my work schedule organized digitally. What I love about this planner is that it’s got a little section for daily gratitude and an inspirational quote of the day. And yes I admit I mostly fell in love with it because it’s pretty okay?
5. Just bought this mirror for our dining room and even though I measured for it, I was surprised at how huge it is. But, it’s staying. Now I just have to sweet-talk my hubby into helping me hang it. It’s at least a 2 person job. Some day when I get that camera going I’ll show you where we hung it!
6. I’m inspired by this tub. We’re starting to plan for our master bath remodel in the spring and this tub is my numero uno. It looks stunning with the hex floor and brass fixtures.
Now back to my regularly scheduled lazy Sunday. I hope you enjoy yours.